YouthConnekt-Liberia iForum Digital Literacy Program
The YouthConnekt Liberia iForum Digital Literacy Program is a five weeks digital and innovative learning program for junior and senior high school students who do not have basic computer learning opportunities under the iForum Component.
This pilot model seeks at empowering eighty (80) selected students in Montserrado County to acquire digital computer skills Basic Internet Concept; Microsoft Word; PowerPoint; Microsoft Excel; Typing 101; Presentation Skills and Career Development using an easy training technique at the YouthConnekt Liberia Innovation Lab, Ministry of Youth and Sports, SKD Sports Complex.
The goal of the YouthConnekt Liberia Digital Literacy Program is to promote, ensure equal access to quality education and increase the number of students who already have basic computer knowledge and skills across Liberia.
1. Junior High School Students
2. Senior High School Students
3. Students actively in school and affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic
4. Students who do not have basic computer skills
5. Students who do not have practical computer experience
6. Students who demonstrates the willingness to learn
7. Students who are currently in school
8. Students who can afford transportation for the period of five (5) weeks
9. Students who appreciates and respects other languages, cultures, religious and social norms
10. Students who demonstrates strong passion for career in technology and innovation
Benefits of the iForum Digital Literacy Program
At the end of the training students will benefit the following:
• Five weeks training
• Practical computer knowledge
• New computer skills
• Basic Typing Skills
• Skills in Digital Technology
• Presentation skills
• Network with like-minded students
• Certificate of Completion